1975 Triumph Trident T160
The Triumph Trident T160V was the result of a number of changes; some due to market
response to the earlier Tridents and some due to legislative changes (mainly in the USA).
Model Years: 1975 (although some were made in early 1976 and the last bikes were finally
sold in late 1977).
Numbers: about 7,104 - the final 130 or so were sold as the Cardinal.
- Forward-leaning cylinder layout derived from BSA Rocket 3 (to allow for larger air box)
- Electric start
- Five speed gearbox
- Left-hand gear-change - USA requirement
- Annular silencers - USA requirement
- Improved centre-of-gravity (frame/engine position, sloping cylinders, tank/seat unit)
- Disc brakes front and rear
- Redesigned instrument binnacle and handlebar switchgear
- Improved 'traditional' styling