(status bar message)
Image Placeholder

Search:
Advanced Search

RE: 1975 season T150V
Post a reply | Start a new discussion | Main Index | Help

Posted by Clive Blake (UK) on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 05:51
    - in reply to: RE: 1975 season t150v posted by Toby B on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 04:00

Hi Toby,

The information the VMCC have given you is totally wrong, they only have copies of the factory records on poorly copied microfiche that came from the Science Museum, I know this as they contact me on occasions in my capacity as Machine Registrar and Archivist for the Trident and Rocket Three Owners Club to verify information on Triumph and BSA three cylinder machines for them, I have in my possession the original hand written build and dispatch records for all T150Vs of which is the only copy, I can tell you categorically that your T150V was built at The Triumph Works Meriden England on the 2nd of October 1973, it was built as a 1974 model export specification bike, it was left unfinished at Meriden because of the Sit In, and sat there throughout the workers blockade of the factory until it was dispatched to the NVT Works Small Heath Birmingham England on the 1st of October 1974 when the build was completed, on the 2nd of October 1974 it was dispatched with quite a few other Meriden built T150Vs to the Triumph Corporation Baltimore Maryland USA, the bikes didn't sell in the USA  because of the impending release of the new model T160 Trident and was returned to Small Heath with quite a few other Export T150Vs in March 1975, it was then sold off with others to Slocombes of Neasden, North London England at a discounted price to get rid of them as T160 production was in full swing by then and the last thing NVT needed was outdated models taking up the room at dispatch without being sold, this is all the information the TR3OC hold in their archive on your 1973/74 model T150V.

Regards,

Clive Blake.

Replies :

RE: 1975 season T150V Toby B (AU) on Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 16:15