(status bar message)
Image Placeholder

Search:
Advanced Search

RE: Differences between early T160 and Late T160
Post a reply | Start a new discussion | Main Index | Help

Posted by Kilroy (NZ) on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 03:44
    - in reply to: Differences between early T160 and Late T160 posted by AllenGriffiths on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 00:00

Couple of comments.

Any T160 with the larger oil feed intake pipe would by necessity also feature the larger diameter oil line, plus the larger oil tank filter and union.

To my knowledge, no T160 ever featured reflectors on the headlight brackets. Due to the wide (5") front indicator stems fitted to T160's, many bikes suffered fractured headlight brackets when the bikes fell over and the indicators made contact with planet earth. Many replacement headlight brackets were not in fact T160 parts, as they became obsolete fairly early in the piece.

I have a "CK" (solid pegs) and an "HK" (rubber pegs) and they both feature the tacho cable stay - so it would seem your earlier "NK" had one removed. I would have expected your "NK" to have rubber pegs. My "HK" was purchased new in Australia.

Unless one knows all previous history it becomes impossible to know what any particular bike featured from new, and what may have been removed or fitted by previous owners.

Replies :

RE: Differences between early T160 and Late T160 AllenGriffiths (AU) on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 08:14
RE: Differences between early T160 and Late T160 L.A.B. (UK) on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 05:20
RE: Differences between early T160 and Late T160 Triplemeister (US) on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 09:19